Navigate the move from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud and learn to deploy resource locations onto Microsoft Azure. Learn the architecture, communications, and management of Citrix Cloud and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service and then migrate existing infrastructure and settings into Citrix Cloud. If you are planning a move to Citrix Cloud or starting out anew, this course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills to understand, manage, and deliver successfully. Plan machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and deploy those machines using Machine Creation Services. Learn to configure the access layer as a service within Citrix Cloud, as managed machines in your datacenter, or on the Azure platform.
Versions covered: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x Current Release and Citrix Cloud service.*
*Citrix Cloud services are updated frequently with new features and improvements, Course content may not always reflect the latest features
Who should attend
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment moving to the Citrix Cloud and deploying their XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Experience deploying and managing XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in on-premises environment.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on-premises and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with Microsoft Azure Active Directory