Cloud Services Planning and Design (MR-1CP-ETCSPD)
Who should attend
This course is intended for those responsible for the design, development, and implementation of a cloud strategy and cloud services within their organization and includes architects, designers, consultants, IT and operations managers, service management teams, cloud administrators, as well as line of business (LOB) technical managers.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student should have knowledge and skills associated with the following:
- Five or more years of design experience in compute, network, and storage, including the design of virtualized infrastructures in support of key cloud attributes.
- Understanding of cloud delivery and service models, as well as the services lifecycle.
- Strongly recommended prerequisites include: EMC Information Storage and Management (EMCISA), EMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services (EMCCIS).
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain ITaaS concepts and benefits as well as various elements helping drive institutions to an ITaaS delivery model.
- Define, assess, and plan for cloud services from the perspective of Governance, Finance, Organization, and Technology (GFOT).
- Summarize the planning and design strategies for cloud services and describe the significance of the service catalog, templates, service level agreements, orchestration, provisioning, and automation when building and deploying cloud services.
This expert-level course provides technical professionals the knowledge and skills necessary to plan and design for robust cloud services in a cloud and IT as a Service environment. Building on the skills acquired in the Cloud Infrastructure Planning and Design specialist-level course, it focuses on governance, organizational, financial, and technology aspects as well as the management and operation of cloud services. Through lecture, discussions, case studies, design examples, and a series of interactive labs, students learn to design solutions which transform business operations and cloud environments to support a cloud services model. The course is applicable to enterprise, service provider, and existing data center operations considering cloud and cloud services. This course uses an “open” approach focusing on core concepts, principals, and technologies rather than specific products. To provide context, the course includes EMC-specific examples and case studies.
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Eastern Europe: US$ 5,000.-