- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane IT Workshops
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- Juniper Networks»
- What's New
- Microsoft Training
- Microsoft Certifications
- Microsoft E-Learning
- Upcoming Microsoft Courses
- Microsoft Professional Services
- Cloud Professional Services
- Redeem Microsoft SATVs
- Featured Topics
- AI Business School
- Learning as a Service
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft OpenHacks
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Security, Compliance & Identity
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
Upgrading your Skills to SQL Server 2016 (10986)
This three-day instructor-led course provides students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
This course replaces Upgrading Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (10977).
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additional this course is for existing SQL Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance
- Describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security
- Describe what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced data access features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new SQL Server cloud functionality
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.