This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server messaging environment. The course covers how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving and discovery solutions, coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange server. The course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help optimize Exchange Server deployments.
Who should attend
The audience for this course includes IT professionals who are experienced messaging administrators, messaging architects, or consultants. This course is designed for people in an enterprise environment who are responsible for designing and deploying Exchange Server solutions, including environments that contain previous versions of Exchange Server or Exchange Online. Students taking this course are expected to have experience with Exchange Server 2019 or previous versions of Exchange Server.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Attended course Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 (20345-1) or have equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of two years of experience working with any version of Exchange Server
- Minimum of six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for Exchange Server deployments.
- Plan and deploy Exchange Server hardware, virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders.
- Plan message transport in Exchange Server.
- Plan and deploy Client Access services in Exchange Server.
- Design and implement a highly available Exchange Server environment.
- Maintain Exchange Server by using Managed Availability and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Plan for messaging security and design and implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) and Microsoft Azure RMS in Exchange Server.
- Design and implement message retention and archiving.
- Design and implement data loss prevention policies, In-Place Hold, and eDiscovery.
- Design and implement messaging coexistence among Exchange Server organizations.
- Plan and implement the upgrade from previous versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2019.
- Plan a hybrid Exchange deployment.
- Planning Exchange Server deployments
- Planning and deploying Exchange Server Mailbox services
- Planning message transport
- Planning and deploying client access
- Designing and implementing high availability
- Maintaining Exchange Server
- Designing messaging security
- Designing and implementing message retention and archiving
- Designing and implementing messaging compliance
- Designing and implementing messaging coexistence
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2019
- Planning a hybrid Exchange Server deployment