- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane IT Workshops
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Hack Academy»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Cydrill Software Security»
- Google Cloud»
- Juniper Networks»
- What's New
- Microsoft Training
- Microsoft Certifications
- Microsoft E-Learning
- Upcoming Microsoft Courses
- Microsoft Professional Services
- Cloud Professional Services
- Redeem Microsoft SATVs
- Featured Topics
- AI Business School
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Security, Compliance & Identity
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services (20487)
In this course, students will learn how to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various sources. Students will also learn how to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Microsoft Azure.
Who should attend
Primary: .NET developers who want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
Secondary: .NET developers with Web application development experience who are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Microsoft Azure.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with C# programming, and concepts such as lambda expressions, LINQ, and anonymous types
- Understanding the concepts of n-tier applications
- Experience with querying and manipulating data with ADO.NET
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts of service development and data access strategies using the .NET platform.
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and its compute, data, and application hosting offerings.
- Design and develop a data-centric application using Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework Core.
- Design, implement, and consume HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Extend HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Host services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure.
- Deploy services to both on-premises and cloud environments and manage the interface and policy for their services.
- Choose a data storage solution, cache, distribute, and synchronize data.
- Monitor, log, and troubleshoot services.
- Describe claim-based identity concepts and standards, and implement authentication and authorization with Azure Active Directory.
- Create scalable service applications.
- Overview of service and cloud technologies
- Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
- Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Core Web APIs
- Extending ASP.NET Core HTTP Services
- Hosting Services On-Premises and in Azure
- Deploying and Managing Services
- Implementing Data Storage in Azure
- Diagnostics and Monitoring
- Securing services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure
- Scaling Services
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.