- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane IT Workshops
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Cydrill Software Security»
- Google Cloud»
- Juniper Networks»
- What's New
- Microsoft Training
- Microsoft Certifications
- Microsoft E-Learning
- Upcoming Microsoft Courses
- Microsoft Professional Services
- Cloud Professional Services
- Redeem Microsoft SATVs
- Featured Topics
- AI Business School
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Security, Compliance & Identity
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
Cloud Foundry Developer (CFD)
This course provides students with the concepts and experience needed to work with and deploy applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Students will gain experience in pushing apps to Cloud Foundry, accessing logs, and scaling.
Students will explore topics directly related to the design and running of cloud-native applications, including microservice architectures, blue-green deployments, and continuous delivery.
This course prepares students for the Cloud Foundry Foundation Developer certification exam.
Who should attend
Application developers seeking introductory understanding of Cloud Foundry and experience using it to deploy, manage, and scale applications.
Understanding of application development and deployment. This course is aimed at developers regardless of your development language of choice. No specific programming language is needed or assumed.
At the end of the training, you should have an understanding of the following:
- Understand the differences between traditional IT provisioning, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service
- Explain organizations, spaces, routes, services (managed, user defined), manifests, buildpacks, applications and droplets
- Identify Pivotal Cloud Foundry components: Router, Cloud Controller, Health Manager, Loggregator and Cells
- Deploy pre-existing applications to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, obtain logs, debug deployment issues, scale, start, stop, bind to services
- Use the command-line interface to work with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Understand the impact of the cloud environment on application architecture
- Perform zero-downtime deployments
- Understand the role of services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry, gain experience using one or more examples
- Understand the purpose of buildpacks, gain experience specifying buildpacks and making configuration changes
- Understand and gain experience with 3rd party log management, Application Performance Monitoring, and
- Continuous Delivery tools that integrate with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.