This course offers hands-on experience with Spring and its major features, including configuration, data access, web and REST applications, Spring Boot, Spring Security and using Spring Cloud to build a small microservices application. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise-ready applications.
This course prepares students for the Spring Professional certification exam. Certification exams are sold separately.
Who should attend
Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring and Spring Boot with hands-on experience and a focus on fundamentals.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Good understanding of web-application development using Java, an IDE (Eclipse, STS or IntelliJ) and a Servlet engine such as Tomcat or Jetty, specific Java concepts (annotations and lambdas) and dependency management using Maven or Gradle.
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand how to implement the following:
- Spring configuration using Java Configuration and Annotations
- Aspect oriented programming with Spring
- Testing Spring applications using JUnit 5
- Spring Data Access - JDBC, JPA and Spring Data
- Spring Transaction Management
- Simplifying applications with Spring Boot
- Spring Boot auto-configuration, starters and properties
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot, embedded Web Server and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Implementing REST with Spring MVC and RestTemplate
- Spring Security
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities using Spring Boot actuator
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing