Building on the benefits of the Spring framework, Spring Boot represents the next chapter in Java development. Spring Boot’s opinionated approach removes much of the boilerplate and configuration that characterizes Spring, making development faster and deployment easier. This course offers experience with Spring Boot and its major features, including auto-configuration, data access, Actuator, and more. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise-ready applications.
Please note that this course is a subset of the material in our 4 daycourse - there is no need to take both courses. This course is recommended if you have a good working knowledge of Spring Basics (see Prerequisites) but are new to Spring Boot.
Who should attend
Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring Boot and a focus on fundamentals.
- A good working knowledge web application development using Java and an IDE.
- Basic understanding of Spring: Java Config, componentscanning, Spring driven testing and Spring data-management (JdbcTemplate, @Transactional).
- Experience using Java, Git, and a build tool (Maven or Gradle).
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand how Spring Boot enhances the following:
- Describe the benefits provided by Spring Boot
- Initialize a project using Spring Boot Starters
- Leverage Spring Boot's auto configuration features to enable JDBC setup and initialization
- Create simplified backing-store solutions using Spring Data and JPA
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot, embedded Web Server and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Build a RESTful Web application
- Use Spring Security to secure Web and REST endpoints
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities using Spring Boot actuator
- Leverage advance configuration capabilities
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing