Red Hat Ceph 3 Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125)
Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) helps you provide unified storage for enterprise servers and Red Hat® OpenStack Platform with Red Hat Ceph Storage. Learn to use a Ceph storage cluster to provide servers and cloud resources with object storage compatible with the Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift APIs, Ceph-native or iSCSI-based block storage, and file storage using CephFS.
Who should attend
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage for use by servers in an enterprise data center or within a Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment.
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Some experience with storage administration is recommended, but not required
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to deploy a software-defined storage system on commodity hardware, permitting distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant object, block, and file data storage. Such a deployment provides a storage infrastructure that can grow at the same pace as your compute infrastructure, allowing a gradual investment to accommodate business growth.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to deploy and operate a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster and configure it as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Explain the architecture of a Ceph cluster.
- Deploy a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster using Ansible.
- Manage operations on a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
- Provide servers with storage from the Ceph cluster using block, object, and file-based access methods.
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) is designed for storage administrators or cloud operators who intend to deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage to their production data center environment or OpenStack installation.
Course content summary
- Deploying and managing a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster on commodity servers using Ansible.
- Creating, expanding, and controlling access to storage pools provided by the Ceph cluster.
- Accessing Red Hat Ceph Storage from clients using object, block, and file-based methods.
- Analyzing and tuning Red Hat Ceph Storage performance.
- Integrating OpenStack image, object, block, and file storage with a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.