Who should attend
- Needs technical guidance on how to enhance the security of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Responsible for implementing security policy requirements on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems consistently and in a reproducible, scalable way
- Must be able to demonstrate that systems meet security policy requirements
- Maintains continued adherence to security requirements, including management of security-critical operating system/software updates
- RHCE-level skills highly recommended
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification, or equivalent experience required.
During this course, you will learn to:
- Review errata and apply them to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Use special permissions and file system access control lists.
- Manage users and password-aging policy requirements.
- Install and configure Red Hat Identity Management tools.
- Understand system auditing.
Follow On Courses
Red Hat® Server Hardening (RH413) builds on a student's Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience to provide an understanding of how to secure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system to comply with security policy requirements.
Many security policies and standards require systems administrators to address specific user authentication concerns, application of updates, system auditing and logging, file system integrity, and more. Red Hat Server Hardening provides strategies for addressing specific policy and configuration concerns. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening Exam (EX413).