This course is designed for those who are seeking a fundamental understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) operating system.
Students will be able to install and configure a SLES 12 server and integrate it into an existing network. They will be able to perform the most important system administration tasks.
This course helps prepare students for the SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 12 (2018 Update) certification exam.
Who should attend
This course is designed for those who have little or no experience with Linux and who are seeking a fundamental understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 operating system. It is also ideal for those who want to begin preparing for the SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 12 (2017 Update) certification exam.
This course is designed for students without previous Linux experience. Basic computer skills on any operating system is required.
Attendees will be taught the following concepts and skills that are fundamental in administering the SLES Operating System:
- Install SLES 12 and perform basic Linux configuration
- Become familiar with the command line interface & commonly used commands
- Configure and use Remote Administration
- Manage the boot process and understand systemd
- Manage processes and jobs
- Manage users and permissions
- Manage software
- Configure basic networking
- Manage storage
- Monitor SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Learn about SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 for SAP Applications (optional)
- Overview of SUSE Linux Enterprise
- The Linux Filesystem
- Work with the Command Line
- The Vim Editor
- Remote Administration
- System Initialization
- Process Management
- Identity and Security
- Software Management
- Network Administration
- Storage Administration
- Administration and Monitoring
- Install SUSE Linux Enterprise