This course is designed to give an understanding of the requirements for deploying a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications HA cluster in Azure. The course provides an overview of the specific differences of deploying an HA cluster in Azure relative to deploying an HA cluster on bare metal. It also includes example cluster deployments in preparation for installation of Netweaver and HANA.
Who should attend
SLES administrators tasked with administering systems running SLES for SAP Applications hosting SAP workloads on Azure.
Attendees should have knowledge of SLES equivalent to the SCA in Enterprise Linux level. Also, attendees should have a working knowledge of Azure and experience with using Azure. An understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension as covered in SLE311 is required as this course is a continuation of that material. This course does not require any specific SAP product knowledge.
Attendees will be taught the following concepts and skills:
- An introduction to SLES for SAP Applications HA in Azure
- Differences in deploying an HA cluster in Azure vs on bare metal
- Section 1: Introduction to SLES HA Clustering in Azure
- Section 2: Configure an HA Cluster for HANA
- Section 3: Configure an HA Cluster for NetWeaver