This course is designed to enable you to deploy SAP NetWeaver on SLES for SAP Applications with HA. The course teaches best practices leading to a deployment that complies with the SAP certification NW-HA-CLU 7.40. The course starts with an overview of the SAP Netweaver ABAP and Java application servers followed by concepts of the SAP enqueue server and enqueue replication server. Next the environment required for the deployment is explored including the shared storage required for deployment of the highly available enqueue server. The cluster resources required are then discussed. Integration of the SAP environment with the HA environment using the sap_suse_cluster_connector is explored along with monitoring and managing the NetWeaver environment in the cluster environment.
Who should attend
SLES administrators tasked with administering systems running SLES for SAP Applications hosting NetWeaver ABAP or Java in a HA environment and SAP experts wishing to deploy a NW-HA-CLU 7.40 compliant SLES for SAP Applications HA system.
Attendees will be taught the following concepts and skills:
- Overview of the NetWeaver ABAP and Java Application Server
- The Enqueue Server and Enqueue Replication
- Required storage for the Enqueue Server in a HA environment
- Cluster resources required to implement HA for NetWeaver
- Integrating SAP into the Cluster Framework using the sap_suse_cluster_connector
- Configuring the deployment to match certification NW-HA-CLU 7.40
- Monitoring and Day 2 Management