Who should attend
- Data Center Operations Professionals
- Cloud Infrastructure Architects
- Cloud Administrators
- Cloud Engineers
- Storage Administrators
- System administration experience managing either the Linux or Microsoft Windows operating system
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] (VSICM7) or equivalent experience.
- Completion of the ONTAP Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM) or equivalent experience.
- Discuss ONTAP Architecture and current Hardware
- Describe vSphere Updates in 6.5 & 6.7
- Discuss and install NetApp Tools and interfaces for VMware vSphere
- Use Application Granular Data Management (AppDM)
- Discuss NFS datastore deployment Best Practices
- Discuss VMFS datastores
- Discuss iSCSI datastore deployment Best Practices
- Describe FCP datastore deployment Best Practices
- Implement Storage Policy Based Management (SPBM)
- Discuss VVol datastore deployment Best Practices
- Implement Data Storage strategies for Guest VMs
- Discuss Security and Performance considerations in a Multi-tenant environment
- Implement High Availability and Data Protection Strategies in a virtual environment
- Maximize utilization of your storage assets using built-in efficiency features
In this course you will learn different methods to implement VMware vSphere 6.7u3 on NetApp ONTAP 9.6. The course provides a quick update on the current ONTAP and VMware versions, introduce the current tools to manage a VMware virtual infrastructure (VSC 9.6) and describe and provide practical exercises to provision datastores and storage for guest VMs with various protocols. It also points administrators to methods to back up their virtual infrastructure according to best practices and discusses methods and tools to manage and monitor for health and performance.