Who should attend
This intermediate course is intended for system administrators or anyone implementing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser Power Systems partitioned environment.
You should already be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use the command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
These skills can be acquired by attending AIX Basics (AN10G) or through equivalent AIX or UNIX knowledge. Also, it would be helpful (but not mandatory) if students were familiar with partitioning concepts and technology taught in Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G).
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser Power Systems partitioned environment. The course is based on AIX 7.2 running on a Power Systems server managed by Hardware Management Console and provides practical discussions that are appropriate to earlier AIX releases.