Who should attend
The course is ideally suited for:
Availability Managers, Capacity Managers, Disaster Recovery Managers, IT Security Managers, IT Risk Managers, IT Service Continuity Managers and other IT Professionals who work towards enhancing the quality of IT service support within an organization.
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and how the processes within Planning Protection and Optimization support the Service Lifecycle
- Understanding the important role of Planning Protection and Optimization in service provisioning and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Planning Protection and Optimization processes.
- The application of Planning Protection and Optimization processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure performance
- The importance of IT Security
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks
This five day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Planning Protection and Optimization of services. The main focus of the course is on the operational level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL Best Practice and positions the learner to successfully complete the associated examination. Key topics covered include Capacity, Availability, IT Service Continuity, Information Security, and Demand Management.