This 5 day course comprises thefollowed by the 2 day courses.
The first 3 days uses lecture and hands-on exercises to teach the basic administration tasks of an ONTAP 9.9 cluster. You use the cluster shell and OnCommand System Manager to manage storage and network resources. ONTAP Cluster Administration is an intermediate course in a comprehensive learning path for NetApp customers, partners and employees.
Students spend the final 2 days learning about the different data protection solutions that are integrated into ONTAP software, including the SyncMirror, SnapMirror, storage virtual machine (SVM) disaster recovery, and SnapVault solutions. The course also provides an overview of ONTAP MetroCluster configuration, NDMP, and cloud-based data protection with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP and NetApp Data Availability Services. You also learn about the tools for managing ONTAP data protection features. In the hands-on exercises, you use NetApp OnCommand System Manager and the CLI to complete key data protection tasks.
The course also provides an overview of the ONTAP MetroCluster high-availability and disaster recovery software solution.
Who should attend
- Network Engineers
- Channel Partners
- System Engineers
- NetApp Customers
- Manage ONTAP administrators
- Configure and manage storage resources
- Configure and manage networking resources
- Create and configure a storage virtual machine (SVM)
- Create and manage FlexVol volumes
- Implement storage efficiency features
- Create protocol servers within an SVM
- Configure basic data protection features
- Perform administrative and preventive maintenance tasks
- Describe the data protection features in ONTAP software
- Configure SnapMirror® relationships for data replication
- Demonstrate storage virtual machine disaster recovery (SVM DR)
- Explain MetroCluster™ components and configuration
- Configure the SnapVault® feature for disk-to-disk backup and recovery
- Describe NDMP-enabled operations to back up NAS data to tape storage
- Describe the NetApp SnapCenter® software that is used for ONTAP data protection management
- Explain cloud-based data protection with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP