This course extends the SMB information that is discussed in the ONTAP Cluster Administration course. Learn how to configure the SMB client for NetApp ONTAP 9.9.1 software. Also learn about advanced ONTAP 9 features that support the SMB protocol. The exercises in this course use ONTAP 9.9.1 software.
Who should attend
System administrators, enterprise architects.
- ONTAP NAS Fundamentals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Explain the CIFS and SMB protocol
- List the interfaces that you use to manage NetApp ONTAP software
- Configure SMB features in ONTAP 9 software
- Create and manage SMB shares and sessions
- Configure ONTAP software for multiprotocol data access
- Comprehend advanced SMB topics, such as Group Policy, automatic home shares, symbolic links (symlinks), and wide links