Red Hat® High Availability Clustering with exam (RH437) provides intensive, hands-on experience with the Pacemaker component of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux High-Availability Add-On, as well as cluster storage components from the Resilient Storage Add-On, including Cluster Logical Volume Manager (CLVM), Red Hat Global File System 2 (GFS2), and Device-Mapper Multipath.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 and includes the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Clustering and Storage Management Exam (EX436).
Who should attend
Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availability clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies
This course is part of the following Certifications:
If you want to take this course without the exam (RH436) and have not earned your RHCE® certification, you can confirm that you have the necessary knowledge by passing the online skills assessment.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to produce highly available, more resilient, mission critical applications, resulting in reduced downtime and easier hardware maintenance.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to create, manage, and troubleshoot highly available network services and tightly coupled cluster storage for business-critical applications.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Improve application uptime by using high-availability clustering
- Manage storage in a high-availability environment using iSCSI initiators, HA-LVM or CLVM as appropriate, and GFS2 cluster file systems
- Implement strategies to identify single points of failure in high-availability clusters, and eliminate them
Follow On Courses
Created for senior Linux® system administrators, this 4-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You'll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
This course also helps you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Clustering and Storage Management Exam (EX436). This version of the course includes the exam.
- Install and configure a Pacemaker-based high availability cluster
- Create and manage highly available services
- Troubleshoot common cluster issues
- Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing
- Configure GFS2 file systems