To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems—not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
The interactive course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
Who should attend
Scrum Master, Team Lead, Release Train Engineer, Business Analyst, Agile Coach, SAFe Program Consultant, Consultant, Architect, Engineer, Developer, Director, Quality, Manager
None. All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certificate of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification upon passing exam
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner is to attend the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner Exam – or – SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$ 50,-.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.