This course is intended for helpdesk representatives that support XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x users.
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts.
- Take the free CXD-102 Introduction to Citrix XenDesktop 7 eLearning course.
- Take the free CXA-104 Citrix XenApp 7.6: Overview eLearning course.
Learners are able to complete the following after successful completion of course:
- Complete helpdesk tickets thoroughly with the appropriate documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve XenApp and XenDesktop issues within their scope in a timely manner.
- Escalate issues that are out of scope to the appropriate team/individual.
- Think strategically and use the proper consoles during troubleshooting to quickly determine the root cause of a problem.
Lesson 1: Supporting XenApp and XenDesktop as a Helpdesk Representative
- XenApp and XenDesktop Architecture
- XenApp and XenDesktop Infrastructure
- Helpdesk Overview
Module 2: Configuring Citrix Receiver and Using Citrix StoreFront
- Authenticating to a XenApp or XenDesktop Environment
- Understanding Citrix Receiver
- Navigating Receiver
- Troubleshooting Receiver Issues
Module 3: Researching Issues with Citrix Studio
- Delegated Administration
- Working with Machine Catalogs
- Working with Delivery Groups
- Understanding Citrix Policies
- Understanding End-User Profiles
- Troubleshooting Policies
Module 4: Printing in a XenApp and XenDesktop Environment
- Printing Concepts
- Default Printing Behavior
- Provisioning Printers
- Citrix Universal Print Server and Printer Driver
- Troubleshooting End-User Printing Issues
Module 5: Resolving Issues Using Citrix Director
- Citrix Director
- Interacting with an End User
- Resolving Issues for the End User
- Monitoring with the Director Dashboard
- Troubleshooting Director Issues