Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS
Authoring Rules with Red Hat® JBoss® BRMS (JB461) introduces the student to the Red Hat JBoss BRMS rules engine and repository. In this course, students learn how to author and test rules using the graphical user interface of Business Central.
This course is based on Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.
- Business analysts and enterprise architects who are responsible for creating and adapting business policies
- Rule authors responsible for authoring and testing rules
- Java™ EE application developers who wish to learn how to use Business Central to author rules
- Basic understanding of data structures such as tables and their relationships; for example, orders and order items
- Experience in developing business rules
- Experience in business modeling
- Ability to work with spreadsheets
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to create business logic as business rules, using a graphical interface, without requiring software development skills. The result should be faster time to market, increased visibility of the specific business rules implemented by an application, and a lower risk of interpretation errors that could lead to application errors.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to use the Business Central web interface to develop and test business rules for use by applications using languages that can be understood by business experts as well as software developers.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Create business rules using the Drolls declarative language.
- Create business rules using decision tables and Domain Specific Languages (DSL).
- Test business rules outside of an application.
- Implement conflict resolution strategies for business rules.
Follow On Courses
- Authoring basic business rules in Business Central
- Decision tables and rule templates
- Develop domain-specific languages (DSLs)
- Testing business rules
- Authoring complex business rules in Business Central
Overview of Red Hat JBoss Business Rules Management System (BRMS)
Learn about the architecture and the need for a business rules management system for Red Hat JBoss BRMS.
Author basic business rules
Identify business rule structure, components, including facts working memo, and rule components and learn how to author rules with Business Central.
Business rules decision tables and rule templates
Create spreadsheets with rules and rule templates.
Domain-specific languages for business rules
Use domain-specific languages created by developers to create rules.
Test business rules
Test business rules using Business Central web interface.
Author complex rules
Author complex business rules using advanced conditions and field constraints, control rule execution, and how to avoid rule conflicts.
E-Learning Red Hat Online Learning (RHOL)
Istek üzerine fiyat