Detailed Course Outline
Module 00 - Introduction
Module 01 - Introduction to data integration and Cloud Data Fusion
- Data integration: what, why, challenges
- Data integration tools used in industry
- User personas
- Introduction to Cloud Data Fusion
- Data integration critical capabilities
- Cloud Data Fusion UI components
Module 02 - Building pipelines
- Cloud Data Fusion architecture
- Core concepts
- Data pipelines and directed acyclic graphs (DAG)
- Pipeline Lifecycle
- Designing pipelines in Pipeline Studio
Module 03 - Designing complex pipelines
- Branching, Merging and Joining
- Actions and Notifications
- Error handling and Macros
- Pipeline Configurations, Scheduling, Import and Export
Module 04 - Pipeline execution environment
- Schedules and triggers
- Execution environment: Compute profile and provisioners
- Monitoring pipelines
Module 05 - Building Transformations and Preparing Data with Wrangler
- User-defined directives
Module 06 - Connectors and streaming pipelines
- Understand the data integration architecture.
- List various connectors.
- Use the Cloud Data Loss Prevention (DLP) API.
- Understand the reference architecture of streaming pipelines.
- Build and execute a streaming pipeline.
Module 07 - Metadata and data lineage
- Data lineage
Module 08 - Summary
- Course Summary