The future of challenge-based learning!
Welcome to the Hack Academy
Our Hack programs have been specifically designed for the participants to collaborate in teams, and under the supervision of Subject Matter Experts, dive into challenges and develop a unique strategy or a solution.
Hacks are also great for increasing professional creativity and self-expression by using the most innovative and technological solutions.
When great hacking minds work together, it’s almost like miracles happening. The goal of every Fast Lane Hack is to push the limits of technology, with the ultimate goal to provide our Hackers with a whole new skill set and confidence.
The Benefits of Hacking
- New Connections: Meet fellow enthusiasts that have the same interests, it's the best way to learn and even more so alongside our subject matter experts/coaches who pass on their knowledge and expertise. We provide you with the opportunity for developers and programmers to join their knowledge and accomplish outstanding achievements within their area of interest. It’s also the best way to get into networking and make new, useful connections.
- Collaboration: Working alongside like-minded people to deepen your knowledge to achieve a goal that surpasses the individual concept of sharing knowledge and accomplishing great achievements. It also highlights the importance of having good communication skills and how teamwork can help you to achieve great things.
- Innovation: Since one of the main goals of hackathons is developing new ideas, it’s safe to say that every hackathon is a place where innovation is born. It’s the most efficient environment for problem-solving and the most suitable place for developing new ideas. On top of everything, Hacks are usually where ideas for entirely new products come to life.
Boosting inspiration, innovation, creativity, and productivity
Teamwork makes the dream work!
OpenHack provides a unique and fun upskilling experience for Microsoft employees, customers and partners. Attendees work together in teams to complete challenges that increase in complexity and are actively engaged, requiring deep collaboration, as they learn together.
OpenHack delegates can expect to:
- Hack on challenges designed to leave you with the skills and expertise needed to deploy within your solution.
- Network with fellow industry peers and other professional developers from large enterprises as well as Microsoft engineers.
- Participate in technical talks with industry subject matter experts.
- Take advantage of the limited number of envisioning sessions with Microsoft experts on your own workplace projects.
Accelerate your Azure certification journey with Fast Lane
Over the last year, we have seen a significant shift in the way in which people wish to learn and consume their knowledge. Moving away from the traditional classroom deliveries, we have witnessed a substantial uptake in demand for a more immersive, hands-on, dynamic learning.
What is the Hack the Cert™ Program?
The Fast Lane Hack the Cert™ Program transforms the traditional ILT (Instructor-Led Training) in order to drive deeper skills development as well as accelerated certification attainment. It also build team capabilities by having learners work in teams to tackle real business problems that are crafted to reinforce exam objectives as well as demonstrate real business outcomes. The Hack the Cert™ program delivers genuine skills and knowledge they can take straight into the workplace.
Leverage the Power of NetApp
Our hackathon enables participants to migrate Microsoft workloads to Google Cloud Platform through the use of NetApp Cloud Solutions. This unique, 3 day learning experience allows Google Cloud customers & prospects to work together in teams of 5 to complete challenges that increase in complexity and are actively engaged, requiring deep collaboration as they learn. We currently have a Windows Migration Track and Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Hackathon, for more information please contact our Hack Academy team.
Cloud Native Development and
Operations Best Practice
The Cloud Ready Hackathon prepares the engineers of all flavours for cloud-native development and deployment. Its focus is to give attendees a hands-on experience of working with Linux, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, popular DevOps tools such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins and Terraform. Attendees will work in teams completing a set of gated challenges that will take them on a journey to becoming the stars of today’s modern, cloud-native application world.
The challenges are connected – each of them builds on top of the previous one. The attendees will be given a repo containing the source code of the demo application consisting of several microservices developed using node.js. This application will be used throughout the Bootcamp, and each challenge will present a piece of the puzzle towards the story of continuous delivery into the Kubernetes environment.
"I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and everyone working as one unit. It really made the experience enjoyable while learning at the same time. The coach was very helpful and polite when our group was possibly steering in the wrong direction to bring us back on track."
"The immersion and minimal distractions, and way that we had to work far closer together to solve the problems. We worked as a unit on a specific problem, and stuck with it as a team until it was done - in our particular case I think this really helped those more room to up-skill to learn more."
"This is still a very collaborative approach, even though it is virtual. Having a mix of people meant that where one person had expertise they were able to lead the group, along with splitting up over tasks."
Recent Hack Reports
Are you looking for Hack based training for yourself, or your team(s)?
Please feel free to get in contact with us and discuss your requirements and find out how we can support skills development.