The single most important new capability introduced with the Oracle 12c release of the database is the multitenant database feature. With this technology, the Oracle database can be a full participant in a cloud computing-based application architecture. Even a traditional on-premise systems architecture can be dynamically and dramatically transformed as a result of this feature. Many traditional and new database features are enhanced or introduced when a multitenant database configuration is used.
Who should attend
- Database administrators
- Application designers and developers
- Web server administrators
- System administrators
- Implementation specialists
- Data center support engineers
- Chief Information Officers (CIO) and other information technology (IT) management professionals
- Understanding the multitenant database architecture.
- Review the business challenges, needs and objectives that are addressed with multitenant database technology.
- Creating and connecting to Oracle container databases (cDBs) and pluggable databases (pDBs).
- Managing common and local users along with multiple container management of security objects.
- Creating container databases, provisioning pluggable databases, perform unplug and plug-in and administering multiple database tenants.
- Migrating traditional single tenant databases to pluggable databases.
- Managing temporary and permanent storage within container and pluggable databases.
- Multitenant backup and recovery strategies, including complete and incomplete recovery at either the container or the pluggable database level, Flashback Database and other sophisticated recovery operations.
- Using SQL, RMAN, DBCA and Enterprise Manager Cloud Control for the administration of multiple database tenants.
- Resource management and container caging.
- Fundamentals: The Multitenant Database Architecture
- Fundamentals: Creating & Connecting To Multitenant Databases
- Fundamentals: Multitenant Database Security Management
- Provisioning: Provisioning pDBs From pdb$seed
- Provisioning: Additional pDB Provisioning
- Administration: Administering Multitenant Databases
- Administration: Multitenant Storage Management
- Administration: Multitenant Backup & Recovery
- Administration: Multitenant Resource Management