- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
Linux Security Fundamentals
After completing this course you will be able to assess your current security needs, evaluate your current security readiness and implement security options as required. Everyone involved with any security related tasks including implementation technicians, developers and managers will gain additional expertise from this course.
Who should attend
Those involved with any security related task at any level. The class focuses on understanding and basic configuration of the component parts such that with the solutions provided any technical level is sufficient to learn about Linux Security.
Learners should be able to download files from the Internet, configure virtual machines, import a virtual appliance and a “host only” virtual private network. Basic Linux command line skills, covered in Essentials of System Administration (LFS201) are required. Familiarity with Red Hat Linux, CentOS or Fedora is highly recommended.
This course is a comprehensive look at the security challenges that can affect almost every system, especially with the seamless connectivity we seek from the Internet. Many of the features for securing Linux are built in to either the Linux Kernel or added by the various Linux Distributions. This class explores many of these options to secure the systems. In some cases specialized Linux appliances are used demonstrate how one would interact with corporate production servers. This is an encompassing class experience that will further expand your awareness of security issues and preventative measures.
The class starts with an overviews of Computer Security and touches on how security affects everyone in the chain of development, implementation, administration and the end user.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
You will have access to the course for a full year from the date of purchase, regardless of how quickly you complete the course. You can expect the course to take 40-50 hours to complete (although the course is self-paced, so you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like).
- Chapter 1. Course Introduction
- Chapter 2. Security Basics
- Chapter 3. Threats and Risk Assessment
- Chapter 4. Physical Access
- Chapter 5. Logging
- Chapter 6. Auditing and Detection
- Chapter 7. Application Security
- Chapter 8. Kernel Vulnerabilities
- Chapter 9. Authentication
- Chapter 10. Local System Security
- Chapter 11. Network Security
- Chapter 12. Network Services Security
- Chapter 13. Denial of Service
- Chapter 14. Remote Access
- Chapter 15. Firewalling and Packet Filtering
- Chapter 16. Response and Mitigation
- Chapter 17. Compliance Testing with OSCAP
Price (excl. tax)
- 299.- €
Subscription duration: 365 days