Cisco NCS 2000 Series Deploying 96-Channel Flex Spectrum (OPT201)
The Cisco® NCS 2000 Deploying 96 Channel FlexSpectrum Release 10.5 Version 1 is an instructor-led course offered by Cisco Learning Services. It covers the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) 2000 Series with FlexSpectrum system.
It is a lab-intensive course that introduces you to the Cisco NCS 2000 FlexSpectrum system. You learn how to design FlexSpectrum networks using the Cisco Transport Planner tool. You also learn how the wavelength crossconnect (WXC) and single-module ROADM (SMR) cards are designed, and you set up a three-node dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) ring, create simple DWDM optical circuits between nodes, and then create 10 Gigabit Ethernet transponder circuits using the 10 x 10 multiport cards.
The course explains the difference between colored and colorless ports, whereby you install 40 Gigabit Ethernet transponder circuits using the colorless option. In addition, the course explores reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) and mesh configurations up to 16 degrees, including the option for omnidirectional, colorless, and contentionless add-drop. Furthermore, the course also explores methods for performance monitoring and troubleshooting the FlexSpectrum system.
Who should attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy a Cisco NCS 2000 Series DWDM network with FlexSpectrum. The primary audience for this course includes:
- System engineers and implementation staff
- Network operations center personnel
- Technical support personnel who are involved with the deployment, operations, and maintenance of the Cisco NCS 2000 Series
- Channel partners and resellers
The prerequisite for this course is the !CI-FFOT video training.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the route and select principle
- Successfully run the Cisco Transport provisioning tool and design simple FlexSpectrum networks
- Connect to and set up a FlexSpectrum node using the Cisco Transport Planner tool output
- Create simple DWDM circuits that traverse the FlexSpectrum network and trace the power from beginning to end
- Configure the 10 x 10 card for five individual transponders and appropriate G.709 options
- Understand and install the provisionable patch cord (PPC) association between transponder ports and the DWDM MUX and DMX ports, and install optical channel client connections
- Describe the major features of the Cisco NCS2000 EDFA17/24 and EDRA17/24 amplifiers
- Understand the difference between colored ports, colorless ports, and colorless applications
- Install 40 Gigabit Ethernet transponder circuits on colorless ports and change the wavelength without the need to move fiber jumpers
- Understand the concept of omnidirectional add-drop and the contentionless feature
- Create 100 Gigabit Ethernet circuit into a node on a wavelength that already exists on the omnidirectional add-drop section
- Install the cross-connect options for nodes with up to 12 sides, including colorless and omnidirectional, and contentionless add-drop
- Conduct maintenance and performance-monitoring tasks
- Troubleshoot the 96-channel FlexSpectrum system