The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, Federation SDDC Edition provides a mechanism to deliver IT services in a flexible, efficient, and proactive manner by allowing consumers to provision their own resources on-demand. This is accomplished by defining standardized services that are deployed atop infrastructure resource pools and utilizing automation tools to orchestrate the various provisioning processes.
This course is a hands-on workshop designed to provide students with practical experience using and managing the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud. The course focuses on management tasks, such as expanding infrastructure resources, modifying backup service levels, monitoring resources, configuring new tenants, defining new services, and provisioning services from the service catalog. The course also reinforces core cloud concepts and terminology.
Who should attend
This course is intended for those responsible for service management, capacity planning and management, process automation, tenant management, chargeback, data protection and monitoring of the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud
Knowledge of, or experience with, virtualization and cloud technologies, and storage, backup and recovery concepts.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the tenets of cloud computing and service delivery models
- Expand infrastructure resources and allocate new capacity to cloud resource pools
- Define and configure backup service levels
- Configure the chargeback system with the appropriate costing and pricing data
- Monitor the environment for faults and to obtain capacity management and planning information
- Configure new tenants within the service catalog
- Instantiate, remove and modify service offerings within the service catalog
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives. The following focus areas are included in this course:
- Module 1: Cloud Computing Overview
- Module 2: EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Overview
- Module 3: Service Catalog and Service Management
- Module 4: Tenant Administration
- Module 5: Data Protection
- Module 6: Chargeback
- Module 7: Resource Monitoring
- Module 8: Resource Expansion
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes labs designed to allow practical experience for the participant.