- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
Advanced SAN Implementation (MR-1CP-NSMPIMP)
Who should attend
This course is intended for anyone who will be responsible for setting up advanced SAN configurations including:
- Interoperability between switch vendors
- Fabric routing services
- SAN Extension with FCIP
- iSCSI environments
- Boot from SAN
- Integration and design information/support
- Implementation procedures or assistance
- Providing technical support
- Designing and implementing strategies for ILM, storage tiering, storage technology refreshes, data migration, virtualization and data replication
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of A list of specific prerequisite courses can be found in EMC Education Services Learning Management System.
- Fibre Channel Protocols
- Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts
- IP Networking, FCIP and iSCSI Protocol Fundamentals
- Connectrix switch administration: B-Series and MDS-Series
- EMC storage administration: CLARiiON arrays
- Host operating systems – Windows and Unix
- Basic understanding of host LVM and array replication technology
- SAN design and implementation
This course focuses in advanced fabric configurations and multiprotocol implementations
such as iSCSI, FCIP and FCoE. The class also covers migrating switches, routing, Boot
from SAN with iSCSI and FC, optimization for virtualization, Encryption, and security and
performance throughout the implementations. The course features hands-on labs where
the student will configure each of the covered subjects and harden the environment with
various security options.
This is intended to provide a level-set for students who are generally quite familiar with
SAN technology, but not as familiar with advanced and emerging products and
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify advanced fibre channel concepts and requirements for fabric configuration.
- Describe start to end configuration of an advanced multiprotocol fabric.
- Configure VSANs and Virtual Fabrics.
- List the steps to migrate from an M-Model to a B-Series and/or MDS-Series switch.
- Describe Fibre Channel and iSCSI Boot from SAN.
- Describe Routing in the Fibre Channel Environment.
- Configure B-Series and MDS-Series Fibre Channel Routing.
- Identify and configure virtualization features on a Fibre Channel switch.
- Configure Port Analyzer hardware and software and describe steps to analyze a trace.
- Describe iSCSI features, functions and software requirements.
- Configure native and bridged iSCSI in B-Series and MDS-Series environments.
- Identify different discovery methods for iSCSI.
- Secure iSCSI with CHAP, IPSEC and IKE.
- Identify functionality benefits and hardware requirements of FCoE.
- Configure Host CAN and FCoE switch.
- Describe functionality, benefits and hardware requirements of Connectrix Encryption.
- Configure Connectrix Encryption
- Identify FCIP functions, features, benefits and hardware requirements.
- Configure FCIP in B-Series and MDS-Series Environments
- Optimize and Secure FCIP links.
These modules are designed to support the course objectives. The following modules are included in this course:
- Heterogeneous Fabric Migration
- Fibre Channel Boot from SAN
- Fibre Channel Routing
- Virtualizing a SAN Environment
- Securing and Optimizing a Fibre Channel SAN
- IP Trace Analysis
- Advanced iSCSI Configuration
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Connectrix Encryption
- Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP)
Labs reinforce the information you have been taught. The labs for this course include:
- Migrating from and M-Model switch to a B-Series switch
- Migrating from an M-Model switch to an MDS-Model switch
- Fibre Channel Boot from SAN
- Routing in a B-Series Fabric with ISL Trunking
- Routing in an MDS-Series Fabric with Port Channels
- Distance Extension Routing
- Integrating VMware Virtual Machines to the Fibre Channel Fabric
- Fibre Channel CHAP Configuration
- Setting up a RADIUS Server
- Implementing SNMP Security
- FC Trace Analysis with an MDS Port Analyzer
- IP Trace Analysis
- Configuring iSNS for iSCSI
- Configuring Discovery Domain for iSCSI
- Native iSCSI Configuration
- iSCSI Boot from SAN
- Bridged iSCSI between a Windows host and B-Series Director
- Bridged iSCSI between a Linux host and MDS-Series switch
- Securing iSCSI with Mutual CHAP
- Configuring IPSEC with IKE
- iSCSI Performance Tuning
- Configuring FCoE between a Windows host and a NEX-Series switch
- Configuring FCIP in a B-Series Environment
- Configuring SAN Copy for Remote Replication through an FCIP link in a B-Series Environment
- Configuring FCIP in an MDS-Series Environment
- Configuring MirrorView for Remote Replication through an FCIP link in an MDSSeries Environment
- Improving Performance in an FCIP link
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.