Advanced Junos Platform Automation and DevOps (AJAUT)
The three-day AJAUT course gives students hands-on experience with DevOps and infrastructure as code (IaC) with devices running the Junos OS. Students will learn the tools needed to operate an open-source DevOps environment. Specifically, students will learn to use Docker, GitLab, Ansible, The Robot Framework, and Jenkins. Students will learn and utilize the tools to build a working DevOps project using two Juniper vMX devices.
This course uses Junos OS Release 17.3R1, PyEZ 2.1, Python 2.7, Git 2.17, and Ansible 2.4.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring, monitoring, and automating devices running the Junos OS.
Students should have taken the Junos Platform Automation and DevOps (JAUT) course or have equivalent knowledge.
- Understand DevOps and how the DevOps process can improve Junos Automation.
- Create, configure, and manage Docker Containers.
- Use GitLab as a repository for code and configuration data.
- Use Ansible and Jinja2 templates to configure multiple Junos devices.
- Use Ansible to enforce design constraints using templates.
- Use Ansible to build Ansible playbooks that work in multi-vendor environments.
- Install and configure Robot to perform automated tests on Junos devices.
- Use Jenkins to implement continuous code and configuration integration.
- Implement a DevOps automated lab testing solution.
Duration 3 days