In this course, you’ll obtain a solid understanding of how to build a repeatable embedded target Linux target using the Yocto Project. In addition to learning the build system, you will learn about more advanced tools like toaster, devtool, wic, eSDK, and eclipse IDE integration. This course builds on the Embedded Linux topics learned in the LFD450 class.
Who should attend
This course is primarily intended for experienced software engineers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of a build system for embedded Linux.
You should be familiar with basic Linux utilities and text editors. Some experience with Python is helpful but not required.
- The Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded
- Poky and bitbake
- Setting up the Yocto Project Build System
- Building an x86 Emulation Image
- Troubleshooting Build Failures
- Basic Target Development Board Setup
- Booting the Target Development Board from uSD
- Booting a Target Development Board over Ethernet
- Board Support Packages
- Building a Yocto Project BSP
- Customizing Images
- Adding Packages
- Kernel Recipes
- Development Tools
- Software Development Toolkit(s)
- SDKs and Eclipse integration
- Licensing and Compliance