With the dynamic nature of industrial control systems, many engineers do not fully understand the features and risks of many devices, existing in such environments. In addition, IT professionals who provide the communications paths and network defenses do not always fully understand the systems' operational drivers and constraints because these environments are very different from traditional IT environments, due to the protocols and devices used. This course is designed to help traditional IT personnel fully understand the design principles underlying control systems and how to support those systems in a manner that ensures availability and integrity. In parallel, the course addresses the need for control system engineers and operators to better understand the important role they play in cybersecurity.
- Basics in TCP/IP and Networking
- First hands-on with Wireshark
This Fast Lane Masterclass prepares students for the GICSP certification exam. This exam is facilitated through GIAC and students have to submit an application form to receive an exam voucher to take the test remotely proctored from home.
After The Exam (What’s next)
After passing the GISCP, students have the perfect prerequisites to get advanced in the ICS landscape and discover Threat Modelling and Incident Response int the Fast Lane GRID Masterclass.
- Hardening and Securing ICS Operating Systems
- ICS Communications and Compromises
- ICS Intelligence and Information Gathering
- ICS Level 0 and 1 Technical Deep Dive and Compromise
- ICS Level 2 and 3 Technical Deep Dive and Compromise
- ICS Overview and Concepts
- ICS Architecture and Design
- Design ICS Security Programs and Policies
- Wireless Technologies in ICS
- Risk Management and Incident Response in ICS