Who should attend
This course is intended for system administrators and solution builders who administer IBM FileNet Content Manager environments.
- P8 terminology, including: Content Platform Engine, IBM Content Navigator, object stores, objects, Content Services,
- Process Services.
- Using IBM Content Navigator to work with content.
- Configuring desktops in IBM Content Navigator.
Recommended prerequisite courses:
- F270 – IBM Content Navigator 18.104.22.168: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge
- F280 - IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge
- F282 - IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Work with object metadata, or equivalent knowledge
- F283 - IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Security, or equivalent knowledge
The course is designed to teach administrators how to create sweep jobs and sweep policies to run bulk jobs on large numbers of documents. For example, move documents from high-cost storage to low-cost storage based on the document type and specified filtering criteria, or delete documents based on their age or retention expiration.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Configure a sweep job
- Sweep framework
- What is a Sweep?
- Types of sweeps
- Background search sweeps
- Job sweeps
- Bulk move content jobs
- Filter expression property
- Storage policy property
- Define sweep target options
- Schedule sweep runs
- Sweep job monitoring tools
Work with sweep policies
- Sweep policy
- Policy-controlled sweeps
- Disposal policy
- Content migration policy
- Retention update policy
- Define time slots for sweep policies
- Manage sweep records
- Queue sweeps
- Custom sweeps
- Use content migration policies for HSM
Appendix Start and Stop System Components