- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane IT Workshops
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- Juniper Networks»
- What's New
- Microsoft Training
- Microsoft Certifications
- Microsoft E-Learning
- Upcoming Microsoft Courses
- Microsoft Professional Services
- Cloud Professional Services
- Redeem Microsoft SATVs
- Featured Topics
- AI Business School
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Security, Compliance & Identity
- Red Hat»
- Check Point
- Cybersecurity First Responder
- Cydrill Secure Coding
- F5 Networks
- IT Training by Fast Lane
- Juniper Networks
- Kaspersky Lab
- Linux Foundation
- Palo Alto Networks
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Configuration Management Exam - Kiosk
Who should attend
These audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet:
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Experienced Linux systems administrators responsible for implementing DevOps practices
- An RHCE interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) credential
In preparation for the exam, Red Hat recommends that candidates earn their Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) credential but it is not required to take the exam.
Exam candidates should:
- Hold a current RHCE certification at exam time
- Have Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405) or equivalent experience
- Understand that actual system administration experience is also an important aspect of preparation for the exam
- Review exam objectives for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should be able to perform these tasks:
- Install and configure Puppet.
- Install Puppet servers.
- Install Puppet nodes.
- Register Puppet nodes to a Puppet server.
- Create and maintain Puppet manifests.
- Create new Puppet manifests.
- Debug existing Puppet manifests.
- Create Puppet modules.
- Create reusable modules.
- Create modules with classes, name spaces, variables, and conditionals.
- Create modules that install software on target nodes and deploy configuration files.
- Use facter to obtain system information.
- Create custom facts.
- Use facts to change Puppet behavior.
- Create Git repositories.
- Create and perform simple management of a Git repository.
- Add files to a Git repository.
- Apply changes and commit changed files to a Git repository.
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
- Create a Puppet repository on Red Hat Satellite.
- Install, configure, and deploy Puppet modules using Red Hat Satellite.
- Register Puppet clients to a Red Hat Satellite server.
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after restart without intervention.
Individuals who pass the performance-based Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet exam (EX405) have demonstrated their ability to manage Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems using Puppet and Red Hat Satellite Server.
This exam is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
Price on request