ICS / SCADA,
Industrial Control Systems
and Critical Infrastructure
All systems that are relevant and indispensable for our daily life are referred to as critical infrastructure. This category of systems includes things like electricity, water, food production, etc. Such infrastructure is often operated by so called Industrial Control Systems (ICS) which also can be found in most manufacturing companies. This infrastructure is hugely different from common IT structures that are normally found in companies, since older protocols and systems are often used here due to the complexity of updating. This increases the attack potential but of course also the value of such a system for attackers with devastating effects.
With threats and cyber incidents related to critical infrastructure growing on a daily basis, cyber security solutions are being increasingly designed into the operations and policies of organizations. For example, in 2020, Israel media reported that hackers had infiltrated its computer network of facilities that control Israel’s water system and disabled a sensor that detects chlorine levels. Without this critical sensor, the chlorine in the drinking water could have reached toxic levels or drop low enough to causes bacteria in the water.
Such security solutions need to focus on:
- Auditing and application of security policies and procedures developed specifically for control system network and its devices
- Access controls through the local and wide area networks and physical perimeters complemented with secure data transfers
- Threat detection of abnormal and malicious activity at all levels of the ICS infrastructure
- Risk management and mitigation against possible attacks with an installed security suite of products that enhance and regulate the ICS without disrupting the controlled process – virtualized functions and hardware appliances
- Industrial sensor cyber security – currently, millions of legacy process sensors are used throughout critical infrastructure without cyber security, authentication, or log files.
With courses from well-known expert companies and Fast Lane's own training courses, we prepare you to face the complex challenges of these environments and to be able to check, monitor and defend ICS systems safely, but also to be able to identify relevant attack scenarios in order to improve the security of these systems.
Industrial Control Systems Training
Do you have any questions about our training offerings? Simply let us know your requirements using our contact form or call us at and we will be happy to advise you!
Fast Lane Bundle
Industrial Control Systems Services