Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU)
The CSCU program enables computer users to build on their existing skills by educating them on practical aspects of security and networking.
Students will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, malwares, loss of confidential information, and social engineering.
Who should attend
The CSCU certification program is intended for individuals who use computers and Internet but are not aware of computer security issues. This program gives them a better understanding of the security issues that they may face regularly.
As this is a basic course aimed at certifying computer and internet users, there are no basic requirements to attend. Everyone who uses email, surfs the web, chats on instant messaging, updates their Facebook page, tweets, uses Microsoft application programs, etc., are encouraged to attend this program.
CSCU security awareness programs mainly focus on Basic Computer Security. Upon completions of the course, a student will know how to:
- Secure different operating systems
- Back up data and perform disaster recovery
- Safeguard their mobile devices from various attacks
- Become familiar with social engineering and identity theft attacks
- Install and Configure antiviruses
- Understand various security incidents
- Understand to secure their cloud accounts
- Understand the various security issues on social networking sites