Who should attend
Security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiSIEM and FortiSOAR devices in an enterprise or service provider deployment used to monitor and secure the networks of customer organizations.
You must have an understanding of the topics covered in the following courses, or have equivalent experience:
It is also highly recommended that you have an understanding, or equivalent experience with, Python programming, Jinja2 template language for Python, Linux systems, and SOAR technologies.
System Requirements- If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers or headphones
One of the following:
- HTML 5 support OR
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java Plugin enabled on your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a WiFi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify various implementation requirements for a multi-tenant FortiSIEM deployment
- Deploy FortiSIEM in a hybrid environment with and without collectors
- Design multi-tenant solutions with FortiSIEM
- Deploy collectors in a multi-tenant environment
- Manage EPS assignment and restrictions on FortiSIEM
- Manage resource utilization of a multi-tenant FortiSIEM cluster
- Maintain and troubleshoot a collector installation
- Deploy and manage Windows and Linux agents
- Create rules by evaluating security events
- Define actions for a single pattern security rule
- Identify the incident attributes that trigger an incident
- Identify multiple pattern security rules and define conditions and actions for them
- Differentiate between a standard and baseline report
- Create your own baseline profiles
- Examine the MITRE ATT&CK framework integration on FortiSIEM and FortiSOAR
- Deploy FortiSIEM UEBA agents
- Examine UEBA rules, reports, event types, and windows template
- Configure clear conditions on FortiSIEM
- Analyze some out-of-the-box remediation scripts
- Configure various remediation methods on FortiSIEM
- Integrate FortiSOAR with FortiSIEM
- Remediate incidents from FortiSOAR
In this course, you will learn how to use FortiSIEM in a multi-tenant environment. You will learn about rules and their architecture, how incidents are generated, how baseline calculations are performed, the different methods of remediation available, and how the MITRE ATT&CK framework integrates with FortiSIEM. You will also learn how to integrate FortiSOAR with FortiSIEM.
Certification- This course prepares you for the NSE 7 Advanced Analytics certification exam.