Who should attend
IT and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, and administration of FortiClient EMS endpoints used to secure devices for their organizations should attend this course.
Participants should have a thorough understanding of endpoint solutions.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Basic understanding of endpoint protection solutions and their management.
If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers or headphones
One of the following:
- HTML5 support or
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a Wi-Fi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the purpose of FortiClient EMS and identify FortiClient EMS components
- Understand FortiClient EMS administration and database management
- Identify and explore FortiClient editions
- Understand FortiClient installation
- Identify FortiClient features and settings
- Provision and deploy FortiClient using FortiClient EMS
- Explore different deployment methods and types
- Understand and configure endpoint policies and profiles
- Configure endpoint profile references
- Understand the use of the ZTNA
- Configure and deploy FortiClient ZTNA solution
- Understand compliance verification rules and manage tags
- Explore diagnostic tools and troubleshooting of FortiClient and FortiClient EMS
In this two-day class, you will learn how to use the FortiClient EMS feature, provision FortiClient endpoints, explore different editions of FortiClient, and deploy ZTNA agent and endpoint security features.
In interactive labs, you will explore the FortiClient EMS installation and various security features. You will also explore FortiClient EMS components, database management, operation modes, provisioning and deployment of FortiClient endpoints, Security Fabric integration, ZTNA configuration and more. These fundamentals of the product will provide you with a solid understanding of how to deploy, manage and maintain endpoint security using FortiClient EMS products.