Who should attend
Anyone responsible for the day-to-day management of a Fortinet SD-WAN deployment and network operation.
Advanced knowledge of networking, and extensive hands-on experience working with FortiGate and FortiManager.
It is recommended that you have an understanding of the topics covered in the following courses, or have equivalent experience:
- FortiGate Security- NSE4 (FORT-SECI)
- FortiGate Infrastructure- NSE4 (FORT-INFRA)
- FortiManager- NSE 5 (FORT-MANAGER)
System Requirements- If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers or headphones
One of the following:
- HTML 5 support or
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled on your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a WiFi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the capabilities of the Fortinet Secure SD-WAN solution
- Deploy FortiOS SD-WAN solutions with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer
- Configure basic SD-WAN features
- Configure advanced SD-WAN features
- Understand the SD-WAN route and rule lookup process
- Understand the different rule criteria and strategies available to steer traffic using SD-WAN and how SD-WAN responds to changing link conditions
- Deploy SD-WAN using basic IPsec and routing configuration
- Deploy SD-WAN using advanced IPsec and routing configuration
- Troubleshoot SD-WAN routing and rule matching issues
In this course, you will learn about common SD-WAN deployment scenarios using the Fortinet Secure SD-WAN solution. You will explore different situations, from a single enterprise site to multiple data center environments, that will help you to enhance and troubleshoot SD-WAN deployments.
Certification- This course prepares you for the NSE 7 SD-WAN certification exam.