Who should attend
Security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiMail in small to enterprise deployments should attend this course.
You must have an understanding of the topics covered in FCP - FortiGate Security and FCP - FortiGate Infrastructure, or have equivalent experience.
It is also recommended that you have an understanding of the following topics:
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes
- Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of your message transfer agent (MTA)
- Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
- Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and Identity Based Encryption
- Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
- Block spam using sophisticated techniques such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
- Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
- Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection (ATP)
- Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
- Archive email for compliance
- Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum uptime of mission-critical email
- Diagnose common issues related to email and FortiMail
Note: This course covers gateway and server mode in depth. This course also covers transparent mode, however, if you require a course on the use of transparent mode in carrier environments, you should order customized training.
In this course, you will analyze email security challenges that administrators face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail to protect your network from email-borne threats. You will also explore the role of FortiMail as a specialized device, and how its features provide both high-performance and indepth security for business-critical communications.
This course is intended to help you prepare for the Fortinet - NSE 6 FortiMail 7.2 certification exam. This exam is part of the Fortinet Certified Professional - Public Cloud Security certification track.