This course introduces participants to deploying and managing containerized applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and other services provided by Google Cloud. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as pods, containers, deployments, and services, as well as networks and application services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions, including security and access management, resource management, and resource monitoring.
Who should attend
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud architects, administrators, and SysOps/DevOps personnel
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have completedor have equivalent experience.
Participants should also have basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Understand how software containers work.
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes.
- Understand the architecture of Google Cloud.
- Understand how pod networking works in Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Create and manage Kubernetes Engine clusters using the Google Cloud Console and gcloud/kubectl commands.
- Launch, roll back, and expose jobs in Kubernetes.
- Manage access control using Kubernetes RBAC and IAM.
- Manage pod security policies and network policies.
- Use Secrets and ConfigMaps to isolate security credentials and configuration artifacts.
- Understand Google Cloud choices for managed storage services.
- Monitor applications running in Google Kubernetes Engine.