This course is an introductory-level training that outlines Looker’s capabilities for working with data and provides guided demos and hands-on practice with Looker functionality for data exploration, analysis and visualization.
This course enables learners to do the kind of data exploration and analysis in Looker that would formerly be done primarily by SQL developers or analysts. Participants will learn how to leverage Looker's modern analytics platform to find and explore relevant content in their organization’s Looker instance, ask questions of data, create new metrics as needed, and build and share visualizations and dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision making.
Who should attend
Business users who need to draw insights from data; Data analysts who are responsible for data analysis and visualization within their organizations.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Looker and the capabilities it provides for working with data.
- Explain the four core analytical concepts in Looker (dimensions, measures, filters, pivots).
- Use dimensions, measures, filters, and pivots to analyze and visualize data.
- Create advanced metrics instantaneously with table calculations.
- Create dashboards to combine and share visualizations.
- Use folders and boards in Looker to organize content for navigability and discoverability.
Not covered in this course:
- LookML (Looker Modeling Language)
- Looker admin features and functions