Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
Led by an (ISC)² authorized instructor, this training seminar provides a comprehensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
Several types of activities are used throughout the course to reinforce topics and increase knowledge retention. These activities include open-ended questions from the instructor to the students, matching and poll questions, group activities, open/closed questions, group discussions, and case studies. This interactive learning technique is based on sound adult learning theories.
Who should attend
This training course is intended for professionals who have at least 5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK and are pursuing CISSP training and certification to acquire the credibility and mobility to advance within their current information security careers. The training seminar is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Security Consultant
- Security Manager
- IT Director/Manager
- Security Auditor
- Security Architect
- Security Analyst
- Security Systems Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Director of Security
- Network Architect
- Understand and apply fundamental concepts and methods related to the fields of information technology and security.
- Align overall organizational operational goals with security functions and implementations.
- Understand how to protect assets of the organization as they go through their lifecycle.
- Understand the concepts, principles, structures, and standards used to design, implement, monitor, and secure operating systems, equipment, networks, applications, and those controls used to enforce various levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Implement system security through the application of security design principals and the application of appropriate security control mitigations for vulnerabilities present in common information system types and architectures.
- Understand the importance of cryptography and the security services it can provide in today’s digital and information age.
- Understand the impact of physical security elements on information system security and apply secure design principals to evaluate or recommend appropriate physical security protections.
- Understand the elements that comprise communication and network security coupled with a thorough description of how the communication and network systems function.
- List the concepts and architecture that define the associated technology and implementation systems and protocols at Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model layers 1–7.
- Identify standard terms for applying physical and logical access controls to environments related to their security practice.
- Appraise various access control models to meet business security requirements.
- Name primary methods for designing and validating test and audit strategies that support business requirements.
- Enhance and optimize an organization’s operational function and capacity by applying and utilizing appropriate security controls and countermeasures.
- Recognize risks to an organization’s operational endeavors, and assess specific threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Understand the System Lifecycle (SLC) and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and how to apply security to it, and identify which security control(s) are appropriate for the development environment, and assess the effectiveness of software security.
This training course will help candidates review and refresh their information security knowledge and help identify areas they need to study for the CISSP exam and features:
- Official (ISC)² courseware
- Taught by an authorized (ISC)² instructor
- Student Guide in electronic format
- Interactive Online Flash Cards
- Post-course CISSP Assessment with 125 questions
- Collaboration with classmates
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Eastern Europe: 3,950.- €
4 hours difference
5 hours difference
6 hours difference
7 hours difference
8 hours difference
3 hours difference
5 hours difference
|Riyadh Course language: English|
United Arab Emirates
|Dubai Course language: English|
|Cairo Course language: English|