This five-day course, which is designed to build off of the current Junos Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of virtualization, AppSecure, advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) deployments, Layer 2 security, and Sky ATP. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Junos security components.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Students should have a strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Junos Security course.
- Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
- Implement features of the AppSecure suite, including AppID, AppFW, AppTrack, AppQoS, and SSL Proxy.
- Configure custom application signatures.
- Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
- Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
- Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
- Use Junos debugging tools to analyze traffic flows and identify traffic processing patterns and problems.
- Describe Junos routing instance types used for virtualization.
- Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
- Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
- Utilize Junos tools for troubleshooting Junos security implementations.
- Perform successful troubleshooting of some common Junos security issues.
- Describe and discuss Sky ATP and its function in the network.
- Describe and configure UTM functions.
- Discuss IPS and its function in the network.
- Implement IPS policy.
- Describe and implement SDSN in a network.
- Describe and implement user role firewall in a network.
- Demonstrate the understanding of integrated user firewall.
- Course Introduction
- Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
- AppSecure Theory
- AppSecure Implementation
- Working with Log Director
- Sky ATP Theory
- Sky ATP Implementation
- Implementing UTM
- Introduction to IPS
- IPS Policy and Configuration
- Enforcement, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Troubleshooting Junos Security