Who should attend
Professionals who manage NetApp storage systems and would like a deeper understanding of Clustered Data ONTAP system performance.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how data flows through the network and protocol layers of clustered Data ONTAP
- Define performance-related terms and describe basic methodologies
- Identify the methods that can be used to monitor and analyze storage system performance
- Explain how methods and tools can be used to collect performance data
- Use command output to analyze system performance
- Use command output from case studies to identify performance bottlenecks
- Implement configuration for recommended practices for resiliency and performance
- Locate resources and information that help you maximize system performance
For those students who are looking for more in-depth knowledge on managing performance on Clustered Data ONTAP after completing DCADM should consider PERFCDOT. This course will teach students to use available tools such as system commands and NetApp OnCommand to collect and monitor performance data. Students will learn to use this data to identify and implement system changes that improve the efficiency of the system. Hands-on labs, case-studies, and technical discussions will take place throughout this 2-day course.