Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294)
Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation (RH294) is designed for Linux® system administrators and developers who need to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration. You will learn how to install and configure Ansible® on a management workstation; prepare managed hosts for automation; write Ansible Playbooks to automate tasks; and run playbooks to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.8.
Who should attend
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
- Automating configuration management
- Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience
Impact on the organization
IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. This course develops the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization's dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
- Create and manage inventories of managed hosts, as well as prepare them for Ansible automation.
- Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
- Write Ansible Playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
- Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts, and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
- Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
- Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
- Install Ansible / Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible Playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective playbooks at scale.
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault.
- Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles.