- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane IT Workshops
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- What's New
- Microsoft Training
- Microsoft Certifications
- Microsoft E-Learning
- Upcoming Microsoft Courses
- Microsoft Professional Services
- Cloud Professional Services
- Redeem Microsoft SATVs
- Featured Topics
- AI Business School
- Learning as a Service
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft OpenHacks
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Security, Compliance & Identity
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
Apex & Visualforce Controllers (DEV501)
Who should attend
Apex & Visualforce Controllers is ideal for developers who are proficient with an object-oriented programming language and understand how to customize Salesforce applications declaratively. This course is intended for developers who need to create application functionality using Apex.
- Experiencing developing data-driven applications using an object-oriented programming language.
- Experience customizing Salesforce applications using “clicks not code.”
- Two online courses that cover the topics “Force.com Pages” and “Managing Development with Force.com” are bundled with Force.com Code & Force.com Page Controllers. These courses, which are included in the price, should be completed before attending the class.
We recommend you complete Building Applications with Force.com (DEV401) and/or earn the Certified Force.com Developer credential before attending this class.
This comprehensive hands-on course is perfect for developers who want a deep dive into using Apex to build, extend, and deploy Salesforce applications on the Force.com platform. This course also covers using Apex to build and customize Visualforce pages. When you complete the course, you’ll be able to use the capabilities of the Force.com cloud platform to develop or extend cloud applications:
- Develop custom Force.com code.
- Create triggers to take action when records are saved.
- Use the Force.com sandbox testing environment.
- Write page controllers to manage custom data sets and actions for pages.
- Create multi-page wizards, maintaining a unified view state across the experience.
Force.com Code (Apex)
- Describe the features, functionality, and use cases of Apex
- Describe the data types and syntax of Apex
- Write Apex that handles bulk data.
- Write SOQL and SOSL queries to return data from the database
- Write complex joins in SOQL
- Describe the different governor limits and ways to work within them
- Create a unit test for a class
- List the requirements for deploying Apex code into production
- Describe the capabilities of Apex Web services and callouts
- Send and receive email from Apex
- Describe the capabilities of batch Apex
- Describe the capabilities of custom settings.
- Understand the Visualforce framework, including its advantages and capabilities.
- Use expressions to bind data and actions on a page to a controller.
- Understand the concepts behind controllers, including their functionality and capabilities.
- Create custom controllers and standard controller extensions to incorporate new data and actions into a page.
- Understand the security implications of using custom vs. standard controllers.
- Implement wizards using custom controllers to handle the state and operations.
- Create custom components that use custom controllers.
- Test, debug, and deploy controllers
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.