Facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach—when you become a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
During this course, gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the RTE role in a Lean- Agile transformation. Learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Who should attend
Program or Project Manager, Agile Coach, SAFe Program Consultant, IT Manager, Consultant, Director, Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Train Engineer, Program Manager
The following prerequisites are highly recommended :
- Have participated in at least one ART and one PI
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
To perform the role of a SAFe® Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE role and responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer is to attend the SAFe® Release Train Engineer course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Release Train Engineer course .
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – RTE4 exam = 44 out of 60 (73%) – RTE5 exam = 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$ 50.—.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.