This course is intended to give architects, engineers, and developers the skills required to help enterprise customers architect, plan, execute, and test database migration projects. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs participants move databases to GCP while taking advantage of various GCP services.
This course covers how to move on-premises, enterprise databases like SQL Server to Google Cloud (Compute Engine and Cloud SQL) and Oracle to Google Cloud bare metal.
Who should attend
Engineers planning a data migration to GCP; Engineers working on a database migration project; and Technical managers, IT decision-makers, and others who want to understand the benefits, risks, rewards, and processes of migrating databases to the cloud.
- GCP Professional Cloud Architect and/or Professional Data Engineer certification
- Understanding of relational and NoSQL database design
- Database development experience using SQL
- Programming experience
- Plan, execute, test, and monitor simple and complex enterprise database migrations to Google Cloud.
- Evaluate on-premises database architectures and plan migrations to cloud-optimized deployments.
- Choose appropriate Google Cloud database targets based on on-premises data sources.
- Migrate SQL Server databases to Cloud SQL and Compute Engine.
- Run Oracle databases on Google Cloud bare metal.
- Recognize and overcome the real-world challenges of moving data to prevent data loss, preserve data integrity, and minimize downtime.
- Test and monitor data migration projects.
- Leverage tools to automate data migration.
- Make the business case for moving databases to Google Cloud.