Cloud Automation Using Contrail (CAC)
This five-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Juniper Contrail Enterprise Multicloud (CEM) solution. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to use the Contrail Command user interface, Contrail Networking, Contrail’s fabric management and administration features, Contrail Security, and the analytics features of Contrail Insights. Students will also learn to use APIs and the CLI to perform the Contrail configuration tasks. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Contrail and Insights. This course is based on Contrail Release 2011.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in datacenter, service provider, and enterprise network environments.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Basic TCP/IP skills
- General understanding of data center virtualization
- Basic understanding of the Junos operating system
- Completion of the Junos Cloud Fundamentals (JCF) course or equivalent knowledge
- Recommended: Completion of the Data Center
- Fabric with EVPN and VXLAN (ADCX) course or equivalent knowledge
- Recommended: Basic knowledge of objectoriented programming and Python scripting
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of Contrail SDN Controller.
- List available Contrail solutions.
- Describe the purpose of an orchestrator.
- Describe the basics of Kubernetes.
- Describe the basics of VMware vCenter
- Identify the function of each of the main OpenStack Projects.
- Describe the purpose of Contrail.
- Explain how the versions of Contrail differ.
- Discuss Contrail related solutions.
- Describe the functions of the Contrail vRouter and Contrail Controller.
- Explain the role of the control, configuration, and analytic nodes.
- Describe how to monitor the Contrail cluster health.
- Configure and deploy virtual DNS and IPAMs.
- Create virtual networks.
- Create network policies to control the flow of traffic.
- Explain the routing behavior of an IP Fabric.
- Describe the steps to onboard a Greenfield IP Fabric.
- Describe the steps to onboard a Brownfield IP Fabric.
- Describe the steps to add a device to an existing fabric.
- Describe the various commands to troubleshoot the onboarding of an IP Fabric.
- Explain the benefits of VXLAN in the data center.
- Describe EVPN signaling for VXLAN.
- Describe how CEM can bridge between a VM and a BMS.
- Implement bridging between VMs and BMSs using VXLAN and EVPN signaling.
- Describe EVPN signaling for VXLAN routing in the Spine.
- Describe how to enable central routing using CEM.
- Describe EVPN signaling for DCI.
- Describe how to enable DCI using CEM.
- Create physical gateways.
- Connect to a third-party physical device.
- Implement fabric administration operations.
- Describe architecture and capabilities of Contrail Security.
- Configure main Contrail Security Tags.
- Configure Contrail Security Policies and Policy Sets.
- Explain the benefits of Contrail Insights.
- Explain the operation and use of Contrail Insights.
- Explain the purpose and use of the different Insights features.
- Configure Contrail Insights alarms and composite alarms.
- Describe how to use the Contrail Insights dashboard to examine the state of the network.
- Use Contrail Insights Charts to monitor Contrail and OpenStack workloads.
- Explain the benefits of Contrail Insights capacity planning.
- Explain how to use Contrail Insights heat maps
- Create Contrail Insights reports and service monitoring functionalities.
- Create Contrail Insights alarms and Composite alarms.
- Explain the purpose of JTI.
- Discuss native JTI sensors.
- Explain OpenConfig and gRPC sensors.
- Configure native JTI and OpenConfig sensors to work with Contrail Insights
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.